Daily Habits 📅
Staying up to date in the tech community is crucial for your career! That's why I've built a "system" for myself to stay on top of everything that's happening in tech nowadays. This is a list of media channels that I visit.
P.S. if you want to piggyback on my daily habits, join my Discord Server to receive my daily findings.
I visit these, along with Twitter, daily or at least once per week.
- Occasionally, I'd go to YouTube and search for some technology or tool, like "Tailwind CSS" or "Figma" or "GSAP", watch a few videos and that's how I might get introduced to some library or tips & tricks that I can later explore and dive into.
- Weekends are golden (for exploring and trying out new tech)! If you don't have anything planned, try to use those 1-2 days to play around with some technology you've recently found. You can use Notion to keep track of the stuff you want to get into. Also, Notion is an amazing (the best!) app for note taking and organizing. It's got some superpowers you'll definitely want to check out.
- When I want to explore libraries and other goodies for a specific ecosystem I usually search for its Awesome list on GitHub. Awesome pages are collections of tools and libraries for a specific technology. Here are some examples:
- Product Hunt new tech stuff that comes out gets posted here
- Hashnode A developer blogging platform where devs share their knowledge. P.S. you're already here!
- Daily Dev is a chrome extension that aggregates tech news for you. make sure you spend 5-10 minutes to setup the topics and hashtags you want to follow. it's worth it
- DEV large developer community
- Dribbble an online community for designers
- Framer Blog is an awesome blog that inspires you to find your most creative self. It covers mostly Framer, UI Design, UI Prototyping and React.
- Discord is a slack alternative mainly used by gamers, but there's a large developer community. You can participate in discussion in their channels, and also search for #resources channels. That's where they usually post new libraries and tools. Here are some servers to join :
- Devcord everything developer (js, frontend, backend, php, devops, design, career, etc...)
- freeCodeCamp general dev as well
- Frontend Developers self explanatory
- Reactiflux for react stuff
- Tailwind CSS is the official discord community for Tailwind
- The Design Collective is a large UI/UX/Design community
- TypeScript the official discord community for TypeScript
- UX/UI self explanatory
- Apple official discord community
Twitter is not just about anonymous keyboard warriors talking trash about politics and each other. You can benefit a lot from having a solid twitter setup. Here are some accounts that I follow. For more, you can check out the whole list of accounts that I follow.
P.S. The 🔔 emoji means that I've enabled push notifications for that account's tweets. I'm more interested in those accounts and would like to be notified whenever they post stuff (usually new versions for their software packages and what's new in them). Find the people you're interested at on Twitter and press the Bell + icon to get notified when they tweet.
- Meng To the founder of https://designcode.io 🔔
- awwwards. the awwwards.com official twitter account
- Dan Abramov Facebook Engineer. The guy who made Redux
- Guillermo Rauch Vercel's CEO. Also Next JS 🔔
- Vercel official twitter account 🔔
- Bel Curcio Vercel engineer. previously Mozilla
- Adam Wathan the guy who made Tailwind CSS 🔔
- Tailwind CSS the official twitter account 🔔
- Matt Perry web engineer. makes Framer Motion 🔔
- Danny Garcia senior web designer & developer @ Apple 🔔
- ReactJS official twitter account 🔔
- StrapiJS official twitter account 🔔
- Chakra UI official twitter account
- Segun Adebayo the guy who created Chakra UI
- Swizec Teller js/react dude
- Tim Neutkens lead @ nextjs 🔔
- Cory House react dude
- TypeScript official twitter account
C# / .NET / Xamarin
- Riu Marinho Microsoft engineer working on Xamarin
- David Ortinau Principal Program Manager @ Microsoft
- James Montemagno microsoft dude. works on xamarin
- Jean-Marie Alfonsi a xamarin dude. developed a bunch of useful Xamarin packages
- Marius Muntean a xamairn/c# dude. developed CoordinatorLayout for XF
- Steve Schoger UI designer. Works with Adam Wathan on Tailwind CSS 🔔
- Pablo Stanley designer & illustrator. used to work at Invision and Lyft 🔔
- Sean Leach product designer @ Instagram 🔔
- Chris Do founder of the futur
- Dan Petty amazing designer who did graphics for Google, Adobe, InVision, HBO etc... 🔔
- Charlie Marie designer at ConvertKit
- Matt D. Smith design educator 🔔
- Figma official twitter account 🔔
- Evil Rabbit head of design @ Vercel 🔔
- Tobias Van Schneider awesome designer dude
Music is really important elevate your focus and to keep it there for longer. It's proven that low-bass/no-vocals music enhances your focus and gives you developer superpowers. Here are some playlists that I listen to (you'll need some good headphones for these):
- Cercle Minimal Techno Playlist on Spotify
- DEEP BASS on Spotify
- Boris Brejcha on Spotify
- Brain Food on Spotify (by some user)
- Brain Food on Spotify (by Spotify)
- Coding Music on Spotify
- The Social Network on Spotify. This is the movie album from Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross
- Minimal Techno Mix 2019 on YouTube. Almost 2 hours compilation
- Art of Minimal Techno on YouTube. Almost 2 hours compilation
- Best of Minimal on YouTube. More than 6 hours compilation. Use this for long days.